Friday, September 24, 2021

 After a lifetime of wanting to write, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans and I have no idea how many hours applying to numerous writing jobs- I still sit, unhappily in a rut. Sure I was hired as an independent freelance contract writer two days out of school but I can count on one hand how many orders have come through there since I was hired… And either they were rewrite requests or something not within my expertise/something I felt I could do within the deadline. 

So, someone please tell me. How is a novice writer supposed to break into this apparent closed field without experience? Even the job postings that say “no experience necessary” or “for new/beginning writers” apparently go to experienced writers or the hiring company just ignores the applicants. 

Please. I beg of someone to explain this to me. Or give me some valid suggestions. 

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recognition!

Doing research for a school project, I ran  across this: MY PERSONAL BLOG mentioned in an article - “100 Best Nature Blogs and Websites in 2...