Friday, September 17, 2021

I promise, this is the last post tonight. But, the entire reason for my starting this blog was to get some of my writing out to others. So, with that in mind, I am going to post one of poems...now I'm no poet but one of the last courses I completed in my BA program was Poetry and I actually enjoyed it. Hope some of you enjoy my work: this is called Nature in the Night

 Twilight’s evening, darkness gathering-

stars twitch on overhead.

Night bugs rattle a clatter sound

over the murmur of a babbling brook.

Leaves whisper secrets to one another

as the wind blows gently from limb to limb-

Birds flit between these branches,

their colors bright against late summer’s green.

One last feed before settling in for a soft cool night.

A haunting howl from a high-country wolf

drifts down through the quietening meadow.

All is still for the brief echo of a moment

CRASH – a mule deer hurtles through the trees,

across the meadow and disappears into the

forested shadows. And night falls, the first long shadows

of early night before the moon rises.

Her majesty, the full moon brings new

Shadows to the woods –

Stealthy movements of night creatures

on paw, hoof, and wing as they move about-

foraging and searching, hunting and preying.

Moving about in careful and precise motion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recognition!

Doing research for a school project, I ran  across this: MY PERSONAL BLOG mentioned in an article - “100 Best Nature Blogs and Websites in 2...